Thursday, December 11, 2008

Newspaper under attack

So, it's about 10 minutes before 5 and I'm thinking about leaving work, cause my boss has left and, you know, the minute she left everyone left, and I was there, all alone, wondering why I stayed!
So, I'm talking to Pano on MSN about this tshirt place debs showed me, and we've picked out the tshirts we like, and I'm emptying my water bottle and everything and seriously thinking about leaving.
Suddenly, there's loud noises coming from... well, I don't know at the time where they're coming from, and we start to wonder what they are. This guy says "it's probably the neighbors having really loud sex" and we laugh, but it's really not normal for us to hear such loud bangings, cause we have pseudo-ceilings, which means no contact with the upstairs neighbors... Plus we have our own entrance, seperate from the building we are housed in, so we don't have access to the usual noises of a building.
Then someone says: "you guys think there's someone down there breaking our cars?". The very second he finishes his sentence, we hear people shouting slogans from downstairs, and it becomes clear that the noises we hear are of people breaking our ground floor down.
I have never been more thankful for our lame-ass elevator, which makes it almost impossible for people to come upstairs quickly.

About 50 people - I'd say "kids", with the danger of sounding really old, cause they were about 20 years old, give or take a year or two - barged into the newspaper I work at, completely broke down the entrance, upturned all the desks, terrorized the girl working at the entrance, broke all of our windows, then went to the radio that's working at our basement - which is easily accessed from the ground floor, it's just one door - broke everything, all the computers and the studios, then they wrote on the walls, called us names, threw some trashcans on the street and left.
Oh, upon leaving, they threw some kind of gas thing in the elevator, so when it came upstairs and we opened the door, some kind of smoke filled the room, but it was nothing.

some photos:






No comments: